certification

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnyboy 68

Reaction score
hi all,

In relation to certification, when I've added circuits to a CU in the past I've certificated it using a Domestic EIC and on the schedule of test results I've shown, and tested, ALL the circuits on the board Inc my new circuit. It usually doesn't take long on a standard installation ( 6 or 8 circuits total) . 2 things ... I'm being now told that I shouldn't test ALL the circuits as I can't certify work that I haven't done ie the existing circuits, which I accept is correct. But because I've described in the box my work ie the addition of a circuit and so the certificate only relates to that new circuit. I am still right to show and test all circuits though ...or not ?? On the same sort of issue, a house I looked at today needs the addition of another cooker circuit for a new oven. It's a huge house with 3 consumer units ( approx 30 circuits ) at least half of which are unmarked. It is a lot of work to identify and test the 30 existing circuits to be able to certificate the new one I've added ?? although happy to oblige because it usually throws up additional issues to fix ... Not considered this issue before .... never worked on a house so big !! ..... all advice welcome pls boys :put the kettle on

Johnnyboy,

You only test the circuits you install or alter, you can show all the certs in the cu on your schedule of tests along with your new, but then strike through the results for those you didn't

Just test the circuits you install or mess about with .

I usually list the other circuits from 1 - 6 say, then results for 7 - 8 if I've put those in .

Don't make work for yourself , we didn't invent this system ,we are forced to comply with it .

I only record the circuits I have installed, cant see the point of making work.

Ian

Just record the results of the testing you do for the circuits you've installed.

Latest posts