circuit drawing pen

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you not used to get something similar for repairing heated rear windows, sure I can remember using one on one of my Cortinas,

I used the paint a lot on the cars back in the day, also on alarm tape . Anyone remember that lol?

Did you not used to get something similar for repairing heated rear windows, sure I can remember using one on one of my Cortinas,

I got a kit from Opal, the bloody instructions were in german! Most I could work out but bimspulven had me stumped. Bimspulven = scouring power.

I tried the paint and pens for repairing circuit boards in studio photographic flash units. I gave that idea up when it blew a hole through the board. Back to replacing burnt out sections with wire and solder.

I got a kit from Opal, the bloody instructions were in german! Most I could work out but bimspulven had me stumped. Bimspulven = scouring power.

I tried the paint and pens for repairing circuit boards in studio photographic flash units. I gave that idea up when it blew a hole through the board. Back to replacing burnt out sections with wire and solder.

I used to be able to repair multi layer PCB's using a track repair kit (loads of differently sized track on an Airfix type thing) and araldite

The boards for the flash units were badly designed from the outset, 8 x 25A diodes on one board wasn’t a good idea. A 1000kJ unit can discharge 400A @660V in less than 1/250th of a second, the track became a fuse after a while in use. Either that or the tracks would flashover, whichever way it went, it resulted in a hole through the board.

I made the mistake of plugging a flash head in to a fully charged power pack. It blew the 20 way plug and socket apart, it didn’t do my hand much good either.

Last edited by a moderator: