CK Tool Bags & Tool Kits

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what sort of work do you do?

those type of bags/cases are IMHO not really good for general site or domestic use, too constrained, a normal bag is generally much better,

why not just buy one of the bags and pick and chose your own kit? its not that massive of a bargain anyway, I dont reckon.

I always used the Stanley tool chests. You can pull them along and get loads of stuff in but that's the problem. I've been through 5 in around 3 years. I put that much stuff in the handles usually end up snapping and they're a bit bulky for domestic. Recently been using a dewalt zip bag but that's like Mary poppins' bag. Things disappear and you can't find them for days! I've just ordered the ck case as above so I'll see how I get on with that.

Hi Rodders,

i recently bought a CK tool tote bag, very good build design, strong and durable.

Going to last me some years to come im sure, well recommended.

Plus a red insert helps to locate tools at bottom of bag!

Had this case now for a month - great piece of kit it is too!

Might take a look at the tool tote bag you mention Lee, need something for my heavier gear.

I had a ck technicians case for a few years and it's stood up to be abused quite well but the zips haven't given way just the tread next to zip attaching zip to bag has ripped so I use that for tester, leads, lightmates, long lead, plug tester etc etc. all tools now live in tote bag which is harder to find things and bit less secure but does the job.

I have the tool tote and rucksack pre magma blue I think they are great products .Not so good for site work

I had the CK Technicians bag in blue but as said before the stitching around the zips has bust twice now so no longer use it.

Chas

I have a Magma Ck tool bag and when it is new the red covering looks great, but using it now for two months whilst servicing machinery it is starting to get grubby and dirty. Not a good thing when I'm In medical companies.

The old blue ones were in my opinion superior. I could put locks through the zip tabs but not on the Magma. I know it is only to keep the oportunist out but it helped, and the diagonal pocket on the front serves no real purpose as it is unsuitable for drawings or anything else without them being folded into triangles.

The waterproof base is superb but I will look at an alternative bag next time which I feel is going to have to be real soon.

My last CK tool bag lasted 2.5 years, I think I will have to change this one within six months.