Connection blocks / terminals

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there you go, learnt something already, our standards at work don't allow us to use crimps on solid drawn cable, is that just our electrical engineer having an unfounded bee in his bonnet, and I could have been using crimps all this time? Depending on the job it is either term block or din rail with Klippons that we use.

Cheers Steve

for that sort of thing, din rail and klippons win everytime for me. or the wagos that go on din rail, but i havnt seen or used them...
Din rail and klippons for me as well if all circuits needed extending far quicker to install.

Wago use there normal fittings which are then placed into a din rail adapter.

From experiance I have found them to be very fiddely and not secure at all.

For the odd few circuits I crimp through, providing the connection is inside the cu.

Well there you go, learnt something already, our standards at work don't allow us to use crimps on solid drawn cable, is that just our electrical engineer having an unfounded bee in his bonnet, and I could have been using crimps all this time? Depending on the job it is either term block or din rail with Klippons that we use.Cheers Steve
There is a reason for not using crimp throughs and that is on single cables installed in conduit or trunking can not be relied upon to pull through without causing damage to the connection etc etc.

Did a couple of consumer unit installs on a pair of neighbours where both c/u wouldn't fit where the origianl fuse box was. I used through crimps and put all the cables inside some 50x50 trunking straight to the top of the c/u I found I can then cut part of the bottom out of the trunking and most of the cut outs from the c/u so plenty of easy cable entry whilst maintaing the ip rating of the consumer unit, even when not crimping I always do this on a c/u change, customers love it as well as looks very tidy and proffesional compared to clipped to the wall.

bit of a late reply but anyway...

i often use 100x50 above CU, cut a side from it large slot from top of CU. strip all cables back in trunking and it makes a very neat/tidy board

I know I risk the wrath of Apache for resurrecting an old thread but what's the best way of joining 10mm? Just doing a rewire and after getting all the cable to the site of the new CU it's been decided (not by me) to relocate it 3 metres away. So i'm a bit stuffed. The Wagos have done up to 6mm which takes in all but the shower circuit.

SAK10 Klippon terminals on DIN rail. Don't forget to get a couple of end stops and an end shield to suit. The 10 in SAK10 means suitable for 10mm. Mount it all in a nice JB.

Cheers Steve

I know I risk the wrath of Apache for resurrecting an old thread but what's the best way of joining 10mm? Just doing a rewire and after getting all the cable to the site of the new CU it's been decided (not by me) to relocate it 3 metres away. So i'm a bit stuffed. The Wagos have done up to 6mm which takes in all but the shower circuit.
I like old threads. :D

Latest posts