Consumer unit change.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is awkward, expensive and a nuisance. However, once in it is surprising how protective you become as there are many hooligans out there who just don't give a monkeys about quality or safety of work and it narks you when you pay all this money to do things the right way.

Why do people think you need to rip the guts out of a house and put it back together just to join a scheme?

What wrong with a nice easy new circuit and an outside light?

There no real need to stampede for the consumer unit .....

Start off with a kiss or a little light petting before you reach for the condom...,,

Any scam provider just wants the cash. They won't care what you've done just that you did it safely!

You would like to think anyway

what you could do, is carry out the work urself,under a creaful eye of a competent electrician. This way there would be no danger of making errors etc.... btw do you own all of the correct test equipment etc...

Why do people think you need to rip the guts out of a house and put it back together just to join a scheme?What wrong with a nice easy new circuit and an outside light?

There no real need to stampede for the consumer unit .....

Start off with a kiss or a little light petting before you reach for the condom...,,

Any scam provider just wants the cash. They won't care what you've done just that you did it safely!

You would like to think anyway
It needed doing so why not.

ESSENTIAL tool for your van:

Hilka Pro-Craft Micrometer | Screwfix.com

with this you can measure the diameter of the copper cores and properly identify the cable you are working with. In this instance, maybe it is 1.5/1.0 or maybe it's 2.5/1.0, which was used for a while in the 70s till it was realised the 1mm cpc doesn't comply with the adiabatic when used in an rfc on a 30A 3036.

Also essential for identifying the size of imperial cables, which if you do domestic work, you will come across regularly.

Once you know what cable you are looking at and have worked out the install method, then you will be able to work out the ccc from the tables.

Pay your dues and go to the downloads section and get your mits on a copy of my guide to imperial cables.

Imperial Cable Sizes and Ratings - Downloads - Talk.electricianforum.co.uk... a forum with a difference.

what you could do, is carry out the work urself,under a creaful eye of a competent electrician. This way there would be no danger of making errors etc.... btw do you own all of the correct test equipment etc...
Yes Megger Mark and Megger Mike sorted me a great deal. So big thanks to them and the team at ISSWWW.

Excuse me Rodders.

Putting short posts like this on every thread you can find isn`t classed as viable or useful posting.

I`m not getting at you; but the mods may well remove your "hard work" :slap as useless post-adding.

Try to put something useful or pertinent. :C