Consumer unit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A complete cu matty....................last one I saw like that was a Volex....not because it was a volex & they are pants, but because it was in a house fire.

It is a complete CCU.

Customer complained about the whole installation going off internittently.

I queries if it was everything. They said yes. I said, main switch or DNO problem. I said ask your neighbours it their going off too.

No more until I heard that the CCU ha caught fire!

New build, IIRC it was an MK or Wylex when installed, not that long ago.

Dual RCD unit.

I did NOT do the install, NOR did I do the change out.

This was done by the original install spark.

This reminds me of something!

There were no certs for the original job and as far as I know none for the repair.

I will check next week as I will speak to them and let them know.

I will also ask if the customer got a BRC completion cert.

Customer is a bit of a "stong" word, however there is a tentative link, I did not get involved in the new build or repair etc. for a very good reason.

Which shall remain private!

You can;t leave it at that! You know we all want to know now. ;)
OK, OK,

The "customers" daughter works for me!

I was not given the whole picture and was too busy to think about trying to find any faults etc. even for an employees relative.

It was just not possible.

Also, I did not really want to get involved. The house was wired etc. before the daugher came to work for me.

I was given only part of the story when the problems arose too!

OK, OK,The "customers" daughter works for me!

I was not given the whole picture and was too busy to think about trying to find any faults etc. even for an employees relative.

It was just not possible.

Also, I did not really want to get involved. The house was wired etc. before the daugher came to work for me.

I was given only part of the story when the problems arose too!
Oh, not nearly as juicy as I was expecting! Good to know all the facts surrounding a situation anyway. ;)

Latest posts