Contactors and overloads

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have checked Machine Mart and they certainly have a lot of motors, I have asked for details of the hole centres and the height from the base to the centre of the spindle. I think these maybe a standard sizing but want to make sure.
Metric motors are made in standard sizes, if you have a copy of the rating plate off the motor, then you should have enough information to identify a replacement.

Machine Mart would not be my first, second, or third choice to source a motor!

It's an Axminster dust extractor, they have been superseded by the Jet range. Even if they did spares Axminster are not exactly cheap.

I have looked at Bearing Boys as i have used them in the past, price for a 1.5kw motor is a little higher than Machine Mart, but they are close to me.  I really need a 24mm shaft that has a straight keyway and has either  tapped hole in the end of the shaft or a thread for a nut.

A male threaded shaft would not be to IEC standard, a tapped hole would.

Whilst TEC motors are not the best quality I have come across, IMHO they are better quality than those from Machine Mart.

Update, Have heard back from AES and they say the 'switch pate was damaged' They have repaired it FOC (how kind). I pick it up today but i will take my Fluke with me to test the winding to earth.

If it is fix i will be a happy chappie, i just want my extract back and get on doing some turning!!

Will update this later.

2nd update, collected motor and checked it out in the boot of the car, no reading to earth......looks promising.

Arrived home straight up the shed reassembled extract, big moment, switched it on and it ran. Who's a happy chappie MEEEEEEEEEE.

Have to say that AES's testing methods need to be updated as well, they definitely did not connect the earth when they tested the motor. The tester himself could have copped a packet.

Well i can go and make some technical sawdust now.

Thanks for all your comments and advice you are certainly all  very helpful .    👍👍