Contactum

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never had an issue with the cable, but won't use proteus and had a teribble time with some trunking from them which I returned, we use CEF a bit as our branch is quite well stocked but tend to use branded stuff from them, didn't realise Doncaster Cables was there own brand, we also use Newey and Eyre a fair bit.

I've stopped using Doncaster cables after experiencing quality problems that my local Account Manager failed to address.In fact, I buy very little from CEF.

In a moment of weakness I was persuaded to try an M2 board. I found out that it's just Proteus with a new face (even the tooling marks are exactly the same!!). And look at the pictures to see the state of the board straight out of a sealed box. Again the issue was never properly adressed.
Man thats Rough

I stopped using doncaster cables when I had a batch with a discoloured Neutral. I think it probably was fine but you don't want an installation failing in a few years time.

Batty

phoned TLC today, They went under and resurfaced without taking a breath apparently

As Deke suggested, there is a huge Contactum "splash" ad in the current PE mag. "Contactum is back"

Also feature in the article about the forthcoming ELEX show at Sandown Park in Dec. Article says;

"One of the few remaining UK manufacturers of electrical accessories, Contactum was recently purchased by Saudi Arabian conglomerate Alfanar. The Company is exhibiting at ELEX to demonstrate why its range of British made products remain the best in the business......."

Make of that what you will, but I guess reports of their continued demise are perhaps premature.

Latest posts