Could you check my installation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about health and safety? Does the roofers need any special equipment on his body like special belts trousers and helmets if they working on scaffolding but they walking on roof later on ?

What kind of ppe they should have. Previous they had just safety boots no helmet no other ppe

Hey Binky, sorry, a little off track, but that's incredible that you find a lot of panels that aren't the correct size and shape. I'm amazed by that.
None are truly square, doesn't matter what make, although some are worse than others, but I've installed something like 40,000 panels, and they are all wonky on the frames.

I used to work on cherry picker like cabling installer. Hiviz and hard hat plus special body belts (I don't know English name) otherwise no access to the cherry picker basket.

None are truly square, doesn't matter what make, although some are worse than others, but I've installed something like 40,000 panels, and they are all wonky on the frames.
40k panels, wow, that's incredible.

I can't understand why they are all so out of square, id have thought they were all mass produced by machine and would be totally uniform.

Strange. So I'll have to prepare myself for that bundle of fun then when I put mine up.

All out of square as they are all chinese shit i would imagine.. Where i live the council have just bought a load of shitty chinese electric buses at about half a million each.. Cannot see them having the life span of the scanias they are replaceing or the leyland atlanteans and titans that preceded them..

john..

All out of square as they are all chinese shit i would imagine.. Where i live the council have just bought a load of shitty chinese electric buses at about half a million each.. Cannot see them having the life span of the scanias they are replaceing or the leyland atlanteans and titans that preceded them..

john..
Don't sit on the fence will you. Lol

I used to work on cherry picker like cabling installer. Hiviz and hard hat plus special body belts (I don't know English name) otherwise no access to the cherry picker basket.
The harness you need in case the picker falls over. Hard hat I can understand if say working under things like edges of a roof or overhead cables/ pylons. But beyond that is H&S applied by a badly educated assessor. How does hi viz protect you in a cherry picker?

I have no idea, just before they open basket they checking everything and it was with multiple cherry picker company

Latest posts