Covid-19 Tips For Working From Home..??? !!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Email from NIC this morning.......annual assessments are to be virtual NO face to face  visit
Good to see that the NIC is leading the way in raising industry standards

Had a lot of respect for the NIC 30 - 40 years ago but having come across some of the poor quality and downright dangerous work carried out by NIC contractors over the last few years they certainly don't command that same respect now and this remote virtual assessment is just another aspect of the race to the bottom

Good to see that the NIC is leading the way in raising industry standards

Had a lot of respect for the NIC 30 - 40 years ago but having come across some of the poor quality and downright dangerous work carried out by NIC contractors over the last few years they certainly don't command that same respect now and this remote virtual assessment is just another aspect of the race to the bottom

Stroma did this so the face to face was every other year BUT this was only for people who's previous assessments were A1. Stroma wouldn't let you show a WIP progress job, whereas Elecsa would - a WIP rewire has far more to look at, especially pre plastering .....

What the schemes need to do is request photos of work, so in the case of a CU change, a photo with the cover off and another with it on ....... but I bet they won't

I absolutely agree Murdoch, but does the botch do harm? Or is it they rather do a complete install as finished so they don’t see the botches and therefore don’t have to pick up on standards? 

Email from NIC this morning.......annual assessments are to be virtual NO face to face  visit

Just had my annual assessment this morning....

Apparently I was his last physical visit.

At the moment saying the next two months will all be virtual,

Then they see how the situation has/hasn't changed before deciding next step.

But he'd already spoken to a few contractors who's business have just dried up overnight, and are unsure how long they can keep paying the bills with little or no income.

:C    

Letter from NIC this morning........Mr XYZ is looking forward to meeting with you at your assessment .........

so I rang NIC 

"WTAF is going on? As on Monday  you said  all visits now Virtual then 3 days later a letter dated March 18 states a physical visit ?"

NO all visits now Virtual , she said   Letter must have been sent out before the announce,ent

So NIC have now got time travel and managed to send a letter dated the 18th before the 16th!

i also asked how many of these letters had been sent out and at what cost to members that are now struggling ( like everyone else) to make ends meet, especially when all other communications were by email

you can guess the answer!