CV19 Self Employed grant almost ready

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not 100% sure Dave, I think it was the DE, but I wouldnt put it passed Mrs Krankie to do it, I am saying this as a Brit, born in London, Me mother is Welsh, My dad was born in Glasgow, just so that people realise I am part of each nation, and speak as a part of each.

Andy Guinness

Just done mine - a bit lower than I expected due to the capex for my swanky van in FY2018!

I have to say a big well done to the HMRC for implementing the system so quickly - their IT guys need a pat on the back

I suspect they want to see how many return to work now that they have relaxed the guidelines, before extending it? 

I think it's more likely that they are waiting for everyone to be paid out before announcing the bad news and at the same time pointing to the fact that we all have a few quid in our pockets - in the hope that will dampen down the outcry from the self employed themselves whilst at the same time, removing any sympathy that the rest of the public might have.

I think it's more likely that they are waiting for everyone to be paid out before announcing the bad news and at the same time pointing to the fact that we all have a few quid in our pockets - in the hope that will dampen down the outcry from the self employed themselves whilst at the same time, removing any sympathy that the rest of the public might have.

last time I looked we as a nation were spending too much so something is going to have to give 

I know SE people who are working full time and claiming

i know of employed people who are furloughed , but at work working for their employer

last time I looked we as a nation were spending too much so something is going to have to give 

I know SE people who are working full time and claiming

i know of employed people who are furloughed , but at work working for their employer
Employed and self employed will all be required to contribute to the future payback via increased tax etc so both must be treated the same now.

Just done mine - a bit lower than I expected due to the capex for my swanky van in FY2018!

I have to say a big well done to the HMRC for implementing the system so quickly - their IT guys need a pat on the back
I don't consider three months to be quick. And the amount paid is abysmal. So I would condemn HMRC and their political masters. Appalling rape of the self-employed. 

I don't consider three months to be quick. And the amount paid is abysmal. So I would condemn HMRC and their political masters. Appalling rape of the self-employed. 

Three months?   

I thought "lockdown" officially started on 23 March?

Which is 1 month and 25 days ago,  (today 17 May)

{or 56 days ago..  not convinced HMRC would have been thinking about how to repay any SE workers even Two months ago?}

Think Murdoch was referring to the IT bods who have to do the graft to create the pages we log onto etc... 

not so much the people making the decisions about who gets what... 

At the end of the day the actual application process screens were are easy enough and straight forward....  :C

Lets hope the money arrives later this week..  

:coffee

And the amount paid is abysmal.

Appalling rape of the self-employed. 
wow .......

interesting views.

Being SE normally excludes us from state help so the SIESS is an unexpected bonus IMHO

as for the 2nd line - you could still work, topping up the SEISS

PS my comment above was for the HMRC IT staff .... which I thought was clear 

Last edited by a moderator:
In theory you could work but given that everything shut down here that amounted to two or three call-outs since mid-March. We're still not reopen here. Today is the first day back for construction and they are trying to suggest that it's only outside work. 

I believe heads should roll for this anti-scientific lockdown. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you’re a tough bunch. So there were hundreds dying per day from something that can’t at this time be treated, most people have been given a state handout or support, there is a risk of a resurgence of deaths if this thing is allowed to spread and you criticise the way with which they e handled it, I wonder if those that died, lost someone or worked at the coal face would appreciate your approach, so my question is what would you have done differently? Bearing in mind that your decision has the responsibility too millions and not just yourself. 
it could have been a hell of a lot worse, you could have been given no support whatsoever, they could have just insisted that everyone continued to work and it would have been hard luck or pot luck as to whether there was room for you at the hospital never mind the morgue. Then it would have/could have been the Spanish flu all over again, remind me how many died during that? 

In theory you could work but given that everything shut down here that amounted to two or three call-outs since mid-March. We're still not reopen here. Today is the first day back for construction and they are trying to suggest that it's only outside work. 

I believe heads should roll for this anti-scientific lockdown. 

Mate, you are in Eire aren't you, so what are you getting compared to the UK?

Latest posts