Dbs check

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How do you go about getting a desk check if your just a 1 man band, looking on line it looks like you have to do it through a bigger company, but can't work it out how.
Basically work I a couple of schools and care homes, only been asked once but would be nice to have it available if really required.
Cheers

The last DBS check I had was through a company that I did some work for so it might be worth making speaking to the companies / businesses you are working for to see if they can do it for you if you pick up the cost for it

Last edited:
How do you go about getting a desk check if your just a 1 man band, looking on line it looks like you have to do it through a bigger company, but can't work it out how.
Basically work I a couple of schools and care homes, only been asked once but would be nice to have it available if really required.
Cheers
So far as i know, you cannot get one for yourself. Your employer has to get one for you, and to do this, they have to have some sort of licence. £300??

So far as i know, they are not allowed to show you the results of the DBS either, what it came up with i mean..

Secondly, if you got one through one of them firms that advertise, it would be worthless anyway, as they are not transferable.

What i mean is, say i have a part time job in school "A", they do a DBS. I then start working in school "B" They have to do another one and so on.

Besides, there is more chance of flying to the moon than a school accepting a DBS from one of them firms..

I know that in the NHS [at least in the trust i worked for] even if you moved jobs in the same hospital you had to do another one and i think this is pretty standard as your role has changed.

john..

School work is better done out of hours, so you don't get asked what you are doing every 10 minutes by nosey kids. I know this from experience 😀.

No kids, or at least any kids are under supervision of staff, means you are not alone with the little darlings, so little need for DBS.

You can sign up for subscription payable yearly once the employer does the initial search. Employment agencies work like this. Give the DBS a ring