Difficulty in removing existing Close-coupled Toilet

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he doesnt need to prove he is cleverer than you. we all know he is

Anyone can keep saying 'I know the answer to this, I'll tell you tomorrow' and then not bother. Doesn't make someone cleverer.

Anyway, that wasn't the point, but whatever.

Lurch,

I don't give a courgette what you think, you are the self confessed computing expert, so figure it out.

I have no idea what your issue is, and I've not got a solution, because I don't know what your problem is other than you can't find AndyTM, so I suggested that you look to his user name that's what everyone else does.

Lurch,

I don't give a courgette what you think, you are the self confessed computing expert, so figure it out.

I have no idea what your issue is, and I've not got a solution, because I don't know what your problem is other than you can't find AndyTM, so I suggested that you look to his user name that's what everyone else does.

Look, you don't understand computers, you obviously had no idea what the issue was but you insisted on telling us all how simple it was to solve and now you say you can't.

My level of computer literacy has nothing to do with it, I already said I wasn't that bothered but you waded in telling us all you know the solution so if you have it then I'm all ears (or eyes). Not sure what your problem is with just giving a straight answer rather than replying in partial riddles.

Look, you don't understand computers, you obviously had no idea what the issue was but you insisted on telling us all how simple it was to solve and now you say you can't.

My level of computer literacy has nothing to do with it, I already said I wasn't that bothered but you waded in telling us all you know the solution so if you have it then I'm all ears (or eyes). Not sure what your problem is with just giving a straight answer rather than replying in partial riddles.

What I said was for you to look to AndyTM's user name to sort out the issue.

I didn't say I had a solution, I said look at the user name and sort it out yourself in short.

I can't see your screen, and I can't read your mind.

Andy just shows up for me, I don't know why, I have very little idea about this forum software because it is not something that I have anything much to do with.

You are the one complaining, and you seem to think going on past posts that you can fix the forum so you should be the expert not me, I've never said I can drive this application.

I told you to look to the user name and go from there.

Now this is detracting from the OP's thread, because you criticised the forum & it's software and thus started the thread going off topic, so I have reported this to the mods to sort it.

Lurch,

I've reported this thread to the mods, you criticised the forum and it's software, I told you to look to the users name.

Now you are telling me that I don't understand computers.

You have no idea who I am, or what I do.

I have no care who you are, or what you do.

We'll let the mods & admins sort this out.

I will remind you that I have reported this thread for mod action.

Well, those are the screw holes, but there are no screws in there. Don't know what you can see but I am fairly certain that there are no fixings there to be undone. That being the case the only thing holding it in now will be the pan connector so a pull away from the wall should see it out.
When I get my head down and shine the Pen-light at the hole in the pottery, you can see what appears to be the head of a pozi screw in each hole!

These screw heads are visible just inside the thickness of the pot!

Also I'm posative that the pan connector is not what's holding it as I know that its on a flexy connector.

No, it's firmly held by the wbatever is just inside the holes!

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell’s going on?

I usually steer clear of DIY stuff but 30+ posts on removing screws holding a bog together got me to have a look.

I now know why I keep out of DIY!

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't say I had a solution,

So why keep saying this then;

What I said was for you to look to AndyTM's user name to sort out the issue.

Sounds like you have/know the solution. I don't understand what you are trying to say, I just asked you to clarify the point you are trying to make.

When I get my head down and shine the Pen-light at the hole in the pottery, you can see what appears to be the head of a pozi screw in each hole!

These screw heads are visible just inside the thickness of the pot!

Sounds odd. Normally the screw would be exposed on the surface of the pan under a cap/cover over the screw head and the hole. Not sure what you are seeing, or what you think you are seeing. I'm pretty sure it isn't a screw, there's a slim chance that it is but if it is then it sounds like it has been installed incorrectly so I dunno. If you have managed to move it a reasonable distance then that suggests that it isn't fixed, otherwise you would only be able to move it a couple of millimetres (if at all).

The shortcut for Windows is Alt 0153 assuming you use windows...

Yeah, I got that. The point was that the autocomplete list wa Just, whatever. Just pointing out that something doesn't work, obviously it upsets some people for some reason.

So why keep saying this then;

Sounds like you have/know the solution. I don't understand what you are trying to say, I just asked you to clarify the point you are trying to make.

Sounds odd. Normally the screw would be exposed on the surface of the pan under a cap/cover over the screw head and the hole. Not sure what you are seeing, or what you think you are seeing. I'm pretty sure it isn't a screw, there's a slim chance that it is but if it is then it sounds like it has been installed incorrectly so I dunno. If you have managed to move it a reasonable distance then that suggests that it isn't fixed, otherwise you would only be able to move it a couple of millimetres (if at all).

You are correct!

What I thought I saw as screws proved not to be. Two plastic brackets were screwed down to the floor boards and an indent either side in the inside face of the pan clipped down over the brackets!

I had managed to isolate the water feed and drain off the water in the pan and cistern. It was then simply a pull up motion at the back of the pan to releace it from the brackets.

Many thanks mate, it was your insistence that you were right which made me persiveer . . .