Dimplex Duoheat 500 Flashing Display

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_Nicholas

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been reading your forum over the years for advice and fixed a few things (thanks) including my girlfriends storage heater. It had the common problem with the PCB and PCB controller, I wasn't 100% sure which so I replaced both. The symptoms included it making a horrendous loud clicking after the supply changed to the off peak at night. Replacing those components fixed this, there was also a problem with the control where it wouldn't adjust up or down. Now that works too - sort of.

On to my problem - I can't turn the heat all the way up. I set the background heat fine (held the + button until all 10 lights lit, then waited for it to switch to one blinking light, then raised that right up) I left the comfort heat at level 5 for 24 hours then she complained it wasn't hot enough, when I turned it up further I noticed it would go to no.7 ok but on 9 or 10 if starts blinking bizarrely - no1 then all of tem up to the no. Set IE LED 1 then all 8 LEDS, then 1, then all 8. Same for level 9 or 10 by flashing 1 then 9 or 1 then 10.

I've searched high and low on google for an answer but can't find one.

I'd really appreciate your expert advice if some one knows. I'm not by any means an electrician, I just replaced the parts, the heater was installed about 6 years ago by a professional before my time.

I've read the manual and can't see anything, some one suggested a reset switch top left in another thread but I can't see one, just some connections and a small black knob that doesn't do anything.

I've got pics if that helps?

Latest posts