do u suffer the same?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavindrummond

Reaction score
I'm currently in collage doing my 2330 level 2 I have gained my NVQ level 2 and city&guilds 2351. My missis says I'm obsessed with studying reading through my papers going onto learning lounge and on this forum. My answer to her is perhaps she should change her occupation at least that way we would have something in common to talk about lol.

I had the same when I was going through college with my ahem 'better half' now she just moans about everything else :_|

They will always find something to nag about mate. I swear mine actively thinks of things to nag about and memorises a mental list of nagging topics.

luckily mine takes a great interest in the debates i get into on the forum. I've even taken her on a job, and she loved it. Also taught her to connect up sockets, etc.. and she used her new found skills to fix a customer's

I couldn't ever get my Missus involved. Her father has been a spark most of his working life, he could never get her interested. As far as she's concerned all I do is stick plugs to walls headbang

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been saddled with happilly married to my present wife for 31 years. She is a 'floating' teacher at the local infants school. Her hobbies are Equine based [and have been for years], my hobby [when I get chance] is Scuba Diving; I am a Normoxic Trimix Instructor and regularly teach in Egypt. So on a 'free time' basis our paths rarely cross. 30 seconds after we were married she was clinically diagnosed as having terminal Domophobia [ a pathological fear of all things domestic ], the only cure being 'not to do it'. I cook, she eats it. We clean when needed. We rarely argue. We sometimes have meaningful discussions; last one was on the Fibonacci sequence, Mobius loops and the use of imaginary numbers....well, I say discussion! I was talking about them and she was wittering on about her Horse coughing. Then she logged onto BookFace or some such thing. She has no interest in my job and I have even less interest in hers... :coat

Kerching, Whats the money like teaching diving? will have my DM completed this year
Its relative to what you teach really. I have a 'Martini' ticket...I can dive to any depth, any mix [He/O/N] BUT I draw the line at 100+ metres as i am getting too old and have grandchildren that are more important. I teach normoxic to 54m [the Arch at the Blue Hole Dahab is perfect for this], you have to take into account equipment costs [i am a double bondage OMS wing, twin 12s twin deco 11s, jetstreams, VR3, Vyper, self inflating DSMBs and reels a plenty], Service costs [service my own as i am factory trained Apex and Poseidon technician], Insurance etc. Teaching OW you would be lucky to break even! Where are you based? pm me if you want... :coat

I'm in surrey, Where are you? To be honest would be nice even to break even be nice to find some where warm to work in the winter months!

I'm in surrey, Where are you? To be honest would be nice even to break even be nice to find some where warm to work in the winter months!
i am oooooop north, on the coast, close to a town with a big tower ....... :innocent

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:44 ----------

I think thats part of the plan,as long as you re-surface that is...... :|
Sinking isn't all that important really, it's the 'getting back in the same condition that you started the dive' that really matters! ... a few of my dive 'buddies' didn't! Sad times, but life goes on and we still do it.......... :coat

It could be worse mine don't talk to me at all, it gets tedious talking to my self, I never get a sensible answer!!!
I've heard there are communication problems with these Thai brides...............

:D

Latest posts