Downlight spacing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIY GUY

Reaction score
Currently renovating small cloakroom toilet and looking to do away with my old ceiling light and replace with downlights. Room measurements are 170cm by 75cm. I know there are certain measurements for different lighting looks etc. l’ve ordered a pack of 3 that have the option to be angled. Do you reckon I’d get away with fitting 2 of them in such a small space and for the lighting to look ok in the room?

Last edited:
What do you use the room for you obviously don't swing cats in it.

Room will be as bright as I can get it as there’s not a window. And only small area of tiles behind toilet.

l’ve ordered a pack of 3 that have the option to be angled. Do you reckon I’d get away with fitting 2 of them in such a small space and for the lighting to look ok in the room?
What is the lumens output of these fittings as this can vary a lot and may influence how many fittings are needed to achieve the level of illumination you require

its been 21 minutes since your first post. be patient. were not sitting around all day waiting to reply to DIYers within 3 seconds.
That reply was to someone who replied to me. Stating the obvious that it was a small room 🤷🏻‍♂️

What is the lumens output of these fittings as this can vary a lot and may influence how many fittings are needed to achieve the level of illumination you require
They come with 3 x 6.5w led lamps.
But if fitting 2 will be 2 x 6.5w led lamps.

Two should be ample for a cloakroom. I have three in my hallway only because the previous owner put three in so I'm stuck with three holes. and I can't plaster! Two would be ample.
Message for your situation; It will be easier to add one later if needed, than remove one.

Latest posts