Early starting tarrif?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevemul

Reaction score
Octopus night rate starts at 11.30pm I believe. E-On starts at midnight.
Does anyone know of any starting earlier, eg 11pm?

My wife says she can do a wash and tumble dry in not much more than an hour and still be in bed soon after midnight!
fair enough, my washing machine and tumble driers both have time delays for starting. The Ocotopuss 'flex' tariff (someone correct me if I've got the wrong one) offers cheap rates during the daytime as well I believe - a lot of out battery owners on here make use of it to buy and sell leccy to the grid.

fair enough, my washing machine and tumble driers both have time delays for starting. The Ocotopuss 'flex' tariff (someone correct me if I've got the wrong one) offers cheap rates during the daytime as well I believe - a lot of out battery owners on here make use of it to buy and sell leccy to the grid.
It’s easy to delay start times but the issue is transferring the washing to the tumble dryer! Yes, I know there are machines that do a full wash and dry. We actually had one and it was useless!