Octopus energy prices

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ucatchmydrift

Reaction score
Anyone know the octopus go jan 24 new tariff prices? As I've been using edf's cheap rate at 8.5pkw/h to charge batteries overnight, but their January prices have lept to a ridiculous 16pkw/h. (Economy 7 cheap rate) Which will now double my winter elec bill..
I don't have an EV.
Don't mean to hijack the thread, thanks 👍👍

Split from hi-jacked thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know the octopus go jan 24 new tariff prices? As I've been using edf's cheap rate at 8.5pkw/h to charge batteries overnight, but their January prices have lept to a ridiculous 16pkw/h. (Economy 7 cheap rate) Which will now double my winter elec bill..
I don't have an EV.
Don't mean to hijack the thread, thanks 👍👍
Allegedly:-
Unit rate (04:30 - 00:30): 29.56p/ kWh
Unit rate (00:30 - 04:30): 9.00p/ kWh
Standing Charge: 53.96p/ day

If youre going to move I can give you a code that gets £50 credit into your account (and mine).

Allegedly:-
Unit rate (04:30 - 00:30): 29.56p/ kWh
Unit rate (00:30 - 04:30): 9.00p/ kWh
Standing Charge: 53.96p/ day

If youre going to move I can give you a code that gets £50 credit into your account (and mine).
Thanks...
That standing charge is pretty steep! Currently paying 44p, but I guess the cheaper kwh would still work out cheaper, I use about 10kwh a day ATM.
Don't think I would be eligible for the £50 as I've had it before (before all the bankruptcies I used to switch from one to another for all the refer a friend deals.. literally didn't pay for any elec for nearly two years), but I'll still give it a go if I switch anyway..
I take it it's only the intelligent tariff that requires you to have a EV charger of some sort?
Thanks..

Thanks...
That standing charge is pretty steep! Currently paying 44p, but I guess the cheaper kwh would still work out cheaper, I use about 10kwh a day ATM.
Don't think I would be eligible for the £50 as I've had it before (before all the bankruptcies I used to switch from one to another for all the refer a friend deals.. literally didn't pay for any elec for nearly two years), but I'll still give it a go if I switch anyway..
I take it it's only the intelligent tariff that requires you to have a EV charger of some sort?
Thanks..
No problem.

Officially youre supposed to have an EV or have one on order for GO as well, they dont check and if asked, youre going to rent one shortly/have one on order etc etc. I know loads of people on GO that dont have an EV or any intention of getting one.
You think the standing charge is steep, my shop premises in Gainsborough, Opus were raising the standing charge from 27p to £8.76 per day, now THATS steep!

Intelligent requires you to have a compatible wallbox or a compatible car. The car they check with a test charge, the wallbox they just communicate with it.

J

No problem.

Officially youre supposed to have an EV or have one on order for GO as well, they dont check and if asked, youre going to rent one shortly/have one on order etc etc. I know loads of people on GO that dont have an EV or any intention of getting one.
You think the standing charge is steep, my shop premises in Gainsborough, Opus were raising the standing charge from 27p to £8.76 per day, now THATS steep!

Intelligent requires you to have a compatible wallbox or a compatible car. The car they check with a test charge, the wallbox they just communicate with it.

J
Great, thanks again... Can't believe they can charge £8.76 standing charge! - I take it your shop isn't 100,000 sq ft, as that's just theft.

I'll get that octopus switch sorted in next couple days as I'm off work after today yay. 👍

Great, thanks again... Can't believe they can charge £8.76 standing charge! - I take it your shop isn't 100,000 sq ft, as that's just theft.

I'll get that octopus switch sorted in next couple days as I'm off work after today yay. 👍
No, just a decent sized retail shop.

IMG_7954.JPG

I couldn't bring myself to pay that amount, I shopped around and the best one I could find was British Gas Lite but that was still over £6. I turned my sights on a generator and batteries running as a CHP plant, one last shop around before going that route EDF came through at 23p. I hate EDF with a passion but signed up immediately.

No, just a decent sized retail shop.

View attachment 16424

I couldn't bring myself to pay that amount, I shopped around and the best one I could find was British Gas Lite but that was still over £6. I turned my sights on a generator and batteries running as a CHP plant, one last shop around before going that route EDF came through at 23p. I hate EDF with a passion but signed up immediately.
Looks all very tidy, computer hardware I see, I'm a bit of a techie geek also..
I also agree with you on EDF, absolute joke of a company, caused me many a problem over the last couple of years. Customer service is absolutely appalling.

Looks all very tidy, computer hardware I see, I'm a bit of a techie geek also..
I also agree with you on EDF, absolute joke of a company, caused me many a problem over the last couple of years. Customer service is absolutely appalling.
Aye but £8 per day saving, difficult call, I really wanted to go to Octopus but they wouldn't quote because we have a half hour meter, even though our previous supplier downgraded it to a standard smart meter (allegedly)