Easy Cert Users (or potential users)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am getting the impression that I am the only one so looks like I may be knocking something together myself for the iphone.

I think I am getting the impression that I am the only one so looks like I may be knocking something together myself for the iphone.
i think its a very good idea and surprised not many takers ian.

can your current pda connect to a printer and print that certificate there and then if you had a printer? if so needs iphone to do that too.

i'm just thinking that virtually every house has a printer! yes a little cheeky perhaps but job done. you can't forget to do it at home then.

failing that portable printers are available and battery powered so saving on stamps and if your doing enough then perhaps a saving is to be had.

?

OK, I voted for the last one, and, I thought I did actually know what an iphone was, but seems not.

I thought it was just a flashy phone for playing music and stuff on, obviously not.

and there was me thinking I was hip and down with the kids, :_|

is it a bit like a palm then? except with a built in phone?

I use easy cert and wanted to use my blackberry on sites but it will now support anything but windows based phones.Ironicly I sold my old phone which was windows based.
Im assuming thats computers too?

if so, and I was thinking about getting it, then they have lost me as a customer.

Im assuming thats computers too?if so, and I was thinking about getting it, then they have lost me as a customer.
I'd see if you can it going under wine. I've had Ubuntu on the laptop and have managed to get loads of Windows only programming software for alarms and phone systems etc... working under it.

I'd see if you can it going under wine. I've had Ubuntu on the laptop and have managed to get loads of Windows only programming software for alarms and phone systems etc... working under it.
I would imagine it would OK,

but I just dont see why if I am paying for something that I should have to jump through hoops to get it to work.

is it really that good?

maybe have a look this weekend for some open source alternatives,

Ive actually got a good open prog for doing layered CAD drawings if I can find it I'll try upload it.

I use easy cert and wanted to use my blackberry on sites but it will now support anything but windows based phones.Ironicly I sold my old phone which was windows based.
I'm with you on that I've got a HTC Touch HD and I had a vision of getting loads of useful apps but old gates and his crew have missed the boat on that one. Its got all that tech in it and I use it as a phone only, what a waste.

I would imagine it would OK, but I just dont see why if I am paying for something that I should have to jump through hoops to get it to work.
Well, that's something you can;t really blame on the developers. It's my choice to use an OS with not many commercial electrical certification software packages available so I need to jump through hoops due to that fact.

I'd say it was worth it, I've had the demo on the Windows PC and I like it.

On a related note I'm going to reinstall the Windows PC sometime soon, but I'm not in the mood for dual booting or for getting everything Windows only working under wine so I'll be running Windows inside Ubuntu as a virtual machine. What I can get to work under wine I will, what won't, or what isn;t worth the hassle, will be stuck on XP in the VM.

I have used easycert mobile on an xda and worryingly lost test results within the software. However, I would like to see easy cert mobile on the iphone as it convenient just to dock it with the office pc and then press print or even email it all as a completed certificate to client.

Short sighted really. Such an easy platform to program for.

A good first step would be a web based app that can be used on a few different platforms. That would probably be even easier. They could tie it in with their online bits and backups too.