EICR’s

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mod

Reaction score
Hi I used to be with Elecsa but no longer am as I stopped taking on big jobs. I’ve checked online and it says I am still able to give EICR’s Landlord certificates?
Just checking this is ok?
Thanks

Providing you are qualified and competent you can issue any type of electrical certificate or report, for any work you do, based on the model forms in BS7671..

What you cannot do use use any logo headed forms for any trades body that you are not a member of.

However some landlords don't just want a EICR, they want an EICR with a relevant trades body name as well on the top!

There is nothing stopping you and as above just don't use a CPS "logo"

What would you plan to do when notifiable work is required?

Providing you are qualified and competent you can issue any type of electrical certificate or report, for any work you do, based on the model forms in BS7671..

What you cannot do use use any logo headed forms for any trades body that you are not a member of.

However some landlords don't just want a EICR, they want an EICR with a relevant trades body name as well on the top!

There is nothing stopping you and as above just don't use a CPS "logo"

What would you plan to do when notifiable work is required?
I don’t do notifiable work anymore just maintenance and small jobs.

Don't you have to be in a PRS scheme (which is normally tacked onto the side of your normal scam membership) to do them for private rented accomodation?

Or is that just what the scams would prefer you beleive?

Make sure you have imdemnity insurance as well as your standard public liability

Don't you have to be in a PRS scheme (which is normally tacked onto the side of your normal scam membership) to do them for private rented accomodation?

Or is that just what the scams would prefer you beleive?

Make sure you have imdemnity insurance as well as your standard public liability

That’s what’s the CPS’s had hoped for in the PRS legislation but it didn’t happen

All the PRS scheme does is allow you to be on the Schemes advertising list, that’s it, nowt else.
Believe it or not I had an argument with the NICEIC about this, hard to comprehend I know. They changed their grandfather rights ruling as they had "misinterpreted the wording".So,one day I was on their PRS register, the next day I wasn’t. W⚓️s

Believe it or not I had an argument with the NICEIC about this, hard to comprehend I know. They changed their grandfather rights ruling as they had "misinterpreted the wording".So,one day I was on their PRS register, the next day I wasn’t. W⚓️s

We had similar troubles; our priciple duty holder got an Email saying we were being taken off the PRS register as we had failed to respond to their request to provide evidence of 2391 quals.... wait, what request?.... they hadn't asked for it and thats why they hadn't got it, this just suddenly came out the blue. It all got sorted out after I was able to get Admin/HR to pull off qualifications for all the guys who could end up being sent to do a domestic EICR. But it was just a bit of a pain, and couple that with the fact that the yearly assessment had only been a few weeks before, if he had asked then, I had the whole day blocked out to deal with shit like that!

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts