EICR limitions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im 6 years in the trade and looking to go on my own but havent had much experience with the paper work side of testing.

Just wandering what people list in there limitation section as a standered. I know the genreal basics like checking cable locations where you cant see them and about not being able to shut down a installation to get a true zs and pfc etc. Ive looked at other companys test certs and see the same couple things interested to what other people list.

Thank you for the help

You have Limitations which contains the usual and is agreed by the client. I would suggest things like not being able to obtain Ze are Operational Limitations, things restricted on the day to which you could not anticipate. This would also include operation of the main switch obviously if you cannot isolate to carry out Ze.

Fixed appliances connected to the fixed wiring are one I add to the limitations, I find it more important to do this on commercial EICR's as appliances should be checked by those who carry out the ISITEE inspection this is worth pointing out to customer as well as many say fixed appliances are covered by the EICR not ISITEE

I always include connected hard wired equipment it is a more professional encompassing Report but each to their own.
As there is no where on an EICR cert to record the ISITEE test results in an appropriate manner for hard wired appliances what is the point and as for being a more professional report that is open to debate or are you suggesting or inferring anyone who doesn't do it is a cowboy then you open up a really big can of worms
I suppose the big question is how much more does your professional encompassing Report cost given how long it can take to do a proper ISITEE check / test on an appliance multiply that by 10 or 20 or more on a commercial job and it is likely taking longer than the EICR especially lugging around the additional test equipment then again do you ever check with the customer whether they have a contract in place for ISITEE before you start
For me I would rather concentrate on the EICR than be distracted by ISITEE and miss something that needs to be noted or requires attention

As there is no where on an EICR cert to record the ISITEE test results in an appropriate manner for hard wired appliances what is the point and as for being a more professional report that is open to debate or are you suggesting or inferring anyone who doesn't do it is a cowboy then you open up a really big can of worms
Calm down, he's just expressing his opinion .

Personally, I leave hardwired appliances, they are nothing to do with the hard wiring bar the permanent connection. I would comment on something like an immersion cable that looks like it's damaged / overheating, buts that's all. And that's my opinion 😃

Calm down, he's just expressing his opinion .
I'm perfectly calm, I have to be otherwise my blood pressure has a dicky fit
Personally, I leave hardwired appliances, they are nothing to do with the hard wiring bar the permanent connection. I would comment on something like an immersion cable that looks like it's damaged / overheating, buts that's all. And that's my opinion 😃
That is the method I follow just noting damaged / overheated / undersized cables supplying any fixed equipment