Electrical Fit Times

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Marshall

Reaction score
I have been tendering electrical work for about 8 years and on the last couple of jobs i have quoted i have feedback that i am higher than the competitors.
I am currently analysing the tenders but i wanted to know what fit time book people use? I use Luckins Electrical Installation Times Guide. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Not familier with the Luckins guide but most if not all of these guides generally give ideal world times after that it is then down to you hone the prices for the particular site and job
You don't say by how much you are losing these jobs by or the overall job value, many years ago I remember winning an £8k job by just under £4
Tendering has so many variables you can do a material takeoff and get quotes from a few wholesalers but you might miss out on the one that is offering the competition the better deal
An analysis I have often found useful is to review a tender that you have won against the actual costs incurred to complete the job which will ensure you are actually making the margin you expect

The thing is however you tender you can't expect to win them all and sometimes the competition will take a hit on a job just to keep staff for the next more profitable job

Latest posts