Equipment for Wall Mounted Panels

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Smith

Reaction score
Hello

I am trying to find equipment that allows a variable pitch when the panels are mounted on a wall.

I explain, so far what I have found is either the panels are mounted parallel to the wall or with a fixed inclined we have seen photos on this forum
However, I am trying to find something adjustable.
I have found this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BM9H3V6H?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_AXQCNPA3P02JM22467EA
However, it is too big.
I am trying to find something which goes from 0° (if flat against the wall and that does not protrude more than 20cm), and will go up to 20 to 30° max.
I was thinking of building it but by the time I have the design right, tested etc.... it will be months.

I am also trying to have this equipment that can take accommodate two panels together in portrait mode.
If you know of any websites where I can continue my research this would be great.

Thanks

Have a look at Schletter, Redtip and Renusol frames.

Would you really bother accessing the roof to adjust the panels?
Thank you I'll look at those brands

The panels I am referring to are not on the roof but on the gable
1671613070420.png

Exactly,I have a very good exposure for about 5 hours in Winter, so the panels will be pretty much vertical if not entirely vertical and from April til September they will need to be a bit more inclined as the sun will be higher.

I may end up building something myself as I cannot find what I want or when it is it is not the right dimensions

1671629321718.png

and if I were smarter, I would build something with an actuator that would lift the panels up and down automatically :)

Exactly,I have a very good exposure for about 5 hours in Winter, so the panels will be pretty much vertical if not entirely vertical and from April til September they will need to be a bit more inclined as the sun will be higher.

I may end up building something myself as I cannot find what I want or when it is it is not the right dimensions

View attachment 14638

and if I were smarter, I would build something with an actuator that would lift the panels up and down automatically :)
Keep it simple and strong.

I have found another brand FYI

https://www.renogy.com/solar-panel-flat-roof-tilt-mount/
I want to put 2 pairs of panels in portrait mode and hope I can have a mount that will take 2 panels together so I just need to adjust 2 pairs rather than 4 individually.
I wonder how strong the mount and the hinges must be. I continue my research :)
I'd be inclined to get inventive with some 4"X2" . Panels do have mounting holes in the rear of the frames, so you could bolt through the wood

I'd be inclined to get inventive with some 4"X2" . Panels do have mounting holes in the rear of the frames, so you could bolt through the wood
Wood? Na, this won't last long enough and not sure the installer will be happy if I tell him I made a frame in wood , please install the panels on it lol

Hello,

yes and no. I start to lose faith in the company. Since I paid the deposit, they have become very difficult to reach. I do not know if they have submitted the DNO application or not, I asked for the last 3 weeks to have an action plan and get visibilities of the milestones as well as asking to complete the design of the solution (this includes which batteries, still not selected and what type of wall mounting).

I think I am going to ask for my deposit back. I can t stand companies who tell you how organized they are when indeed they are not. I wonder how they have been able to be in business since 2006....

It is not rocket science to have a plan and keep your customer informed.

Regarding the wall mounting kit, I am hoping they'll agree to fix something of that shape (but stronger as it will support 2 panels together) so I can change the inclination during the year.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ECO-WORTHY...qid=1675527918&sprefix=PV+moun,aps,79&sr=8-42