• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ex School Technology Classroom Machines

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wel, having googled the mills as sidey suggested,

yep, I could fit one in, would be mega useful for me,

but,

could I afford one,?

could I ****!!!!!     :shakehead :eek: :O :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure I could make room in my workshop for some of these items, as others have said what a shame it has come to this but there is no way we can these items go to waste. Thanks for posting Sidey.
^^^^

What he said.

Interested to know prices when the info is available, SW :)

Cool, thanks for the information :)

While we are on the subject of school CDT rooms... I understand its perhaps not straight forward, but what level of emergency stopping is generally required, most I've seen just have a latching contactor arrangement. Nothing fancy with safety relays, dual contacters, aux contacts to detect jammed contacters, that you get in some R&D labs, etc.

Then again I did see a joinery shop where the shop em system removed power to the machine tools board and prevented the braking systems from operating :red card

OK,

Central switching systems part 1.

BS4163 requires that student areas in schools and similar establishments which have machinery have a central emergency switching system which shuts all machinery and power points down, and is under staff control.

There is no requirement for such a system ANYWHERE ELSE.

Not in factories, not in woodworking workshops not anywhere, unless BS4163 is deemed to apply.

The central switching system should not apply to staff only areas, such as prep rooms.

We'll come to the dc braking bit later.

Then the PL of the systems.

Latest posts