FCU question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoorFish

Reaction score
Is it ok to put washing machines and dishwashers into FCU's?>??

If not is it ok to have the sockets under the worktops and behind the appliances.

Personally this would seeem fine to me surely there is no otjher way but am interested on peoples thoughts on the matter. i.e acccesabilty

thanks

p

Put the sockets in an ajacent cupboard so they can be isolated without needing to move the appliance.

It's normal to have a socket behind the appliance. That socket is normally fed from a switched FCU above the worktop above the appliance, so if something goes wrong with it you can turn it off without having to pull it out first.

A socket in an adjacent cupboard is another alternative.

did i see somewere sockets that sit under the units?

and 450mm from the floor?
Don;t need to be, they can be whatever height you want if they are a specific purpose and don;t need to be touched n the general day to day usage of it.

The floor mounted ones are for benches and worktops, fitted loads over the years, some in domestics, mostly commercial in schools and offices.

Don;t need to be, they can be whatever height you want if they are a specific purpose and don;t need to be touched n the general day to day usage of it.The floor mounted ones are for benches and worktops, fitted loads over the years, some in domestics, mostly commercial in schools and offices.
so could come in for an intergrated fridge, were there is no were to put a socket.

bit off but related to topic, when pluging in to socket in the next unit, i know people who hole saw big plug holes as they think cuting off plug invaledats warrenty. does anyone know for definet that it does?

so could come in for an intergrated fridge, were there is no were to put a socket.
I wouldn;t as a flood\leak means the sockets are underwater.

bit off but related to topic, when pluging in to socket in the next unit, i know people who hole saw big plug holes as they think cuting off plug invaledats warrenty. does anyone know for definet that it does?
It does and it doesn;t, if you argue it well enough it doesn;t but its not worth the hassle FWIW. I drill big holes for plugs cos it's easier than chopping and reterminating, and you generally need to drill a big hole for pipes anyway for half the appliances. I will also happily chop plugs of appliances and always will, never had a problem myself.

Latest posts