Felxible/Suspended Sockets???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay_t

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been asked to look at a solution in a school where they're amalgamating their library and ICT room.

They want to put a table in the middle of the library with 6 pc's on and I need to figure out how to get power there.

I could cut out the concrete floor and put some floor trunking and boxes in, but it's messy and not ideal. There is a suspended ceiling so i could run a new circuit out on some cable tray above the ceiling but then I need to get it down to the table. I don't want to put in vertical trunking as they might want to move the table out of the way for carpet cleaning etc and the trunking would have to come down to (or through) the middle of the table.

Is there a flexible solution that anyone knows of, something with a bit of give, that's not permanantly fixed at the base?

How about using mains track with a pendant adaptor?

a power pole would allow the desks to be moved.

i would make an arrangement so that the pole is plugged into something above the ceiling so if it did need to be moved it could

furthermore it allows a neat solution for data too which will be needed.

with a power pole all on socket solution above the ceiling would allow removal by unskilled such as a caretaker and in only minutes

Not my area this, do you have link please?
Haven't seen any lately but anybody making mains track should do an adaptor.