Fire clip installation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried today, worked great
One point though....could maybe do with being 10 mm longer, as they may cause the chuck to foul the edges if used inside 20/16 & 16/16 plastic trunk. Not tried this scenario it's just a thought
Great point Kerch, that's the kind of feedback we need. Keep it coming(y)

Right, you lovely lot. Today is my last working day before the Christmas break (had some days left to take) so hope you all have a very peaceful and happy Christmas and New Year.
If anybody has some feedback on the sample drill bits feel free to fire it over (by DM if you like) and I'll take a look at it in the New Year.

All the best,

Phil.

Right, you lovely lot. Today is my last working day before the Christmas break (had some days left to take) so hope you all have a very peaceful and happy Christmas and New Year.
If anybody has some feedback on the sample drill bits feel free to fire it over (by DM if you like) and I'll take a look at it in the New Year.

All the best,

Phil.
Hope you have a good Xmas ☃️🦌🎅

To those that received trial drill bits, first of all, thanks for taking the interest.

Secondly, has anyone got anything further to add regarding their usage? Good, bad or ugly?

Agree with the comment about the extra length. ( Oooohhhh Matron ) (bet the youngsters won't get that reference ! Lol )

Work fine in most brick work I tried them in. Even managed to do quite a few in good old Accrington brick.

Agree with the comment about the extra length. ( Oooohhhh Matron ) (bet the youngsters won't get that reference ! Lol )

Work fine in most brick work I tried them in. Even managed to do quite a few in good old Accrington brick.
Hi Neil, thanks for that.

When using in the harder brick, I assume you were using the SDS version?

Did you find they had any advantage over conventional length drill bits?

Do you think you would rather use them instead of a conventional length drill bit for the application you were doing or would you rather employ a 'one length drill bit suits all' opinion?

Phil.

Yes the sds in the Accrington.

I do like the single size for the job bits, but if your drilling lots for fire clips then it's easier with a specific length.

Maybe if the bits were bundled with the clips in packs ??? 50 clips 1 drill ?

One length bits are the reason for holes through the other side of the wall when your distracted. It's down to laziness on our part.

Yes the sds in the Accrington.

I do like the single size for the job bits, but if your drilling lots for fire clips then it's easier with a specific length.

Maybe if the bits were bundled with the clips in packs ??? 50 clips 1 drill ?

One length bits are the reason for holes through the other side of the wall when your distracted. It's down to laziness on our part.
Great feedback, thanks again (y)

I think I’d agree with Mort on this, for it’s designed purpose it is great (perhaps a little extra length needed), it also seems to clear the debris better than a standard drill, I guess this is due to flute design.
The idea of receiving a drill bit with the clips is ideal and more likely to be used for its design purpose. Similar to getting the screwdriver bit with screw tubs etc.

Many would likely use a general bit as opposed to a specific length/design but I do believe that there is a tool for each task so would purchase as required.

I think I’d agree with Mort on this, for it’s designed purpose it is great (perhaps a little extra length needed), it also seems to clear the debris better than a standard drill, I guess this is due to flute design.
The idea of receiving a drill bit with the clips is ideal and more likely to be used for its design purpose. Similar to getting the screwdriver bit with screw tubs etc.

Many would likely use a general bit as opposed to a specific length/design but I do believe that there is a tool for each task so would purchase as required.
Cheers Sharpie, more great feedback (y)

Latest posts