firefox/internet very slow

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from your speed test download and upload are not that bad, its your latency shown as your ping which is 157. That is high and is due to the various servers you have to go through.You could do a tracert to find which server is holding you up.
now i can understand many thing technical about electrical stuff, adiabatic, volt drop, grouping etc etc....

... but what the hell is 'tracert'?!

ive been to that site, got IP address, clicked 'traceroute' and its gone to another page but its not giving me any results. tried it a few times and same thing

tracert.jpg

make any sense?

Yes, you do not appear to have any problems, there are no choke servers over your hops.

Your problem would appear to be program based, and not internet.

Those latency readings are very good.

Do a full scan and clean up on your pc, check for rougue programs running in the background.

Try running crap cleaner first, make a backup of your registry before you delete any problems.

downloading crap cleaner now. spybot found 100+, all removed. next scan found 12, all removed, and now showing nothing. bullguard is showing nothing either. yet it still runs slow (and i mean slow, 20-30 seconds to load this page!)

hi,

Norton and AVG are honestly a waste of time the amount of processor power they both take to run is visible on the system.

Take my advice after 20 years in the IT industry you will not find better than VIPRE from SUNBELT software. Pay for the house licence and you can have all your PC's monitored and totally protected from e-mail downloads attacks the lot.

Now you can choose to ignore this and buy an equivalent application which is the consumers choice but norton, AVG and bulldog are not in the same sphere as VIPRE.

For the sake of a few dollars piece of mind is cheap with VIPRE

VIPRE has had some good reviews, however it has allowed some very nasy sidewinders through its screening.

Not all anti virus are good, I have tried almost all if them.