Fireplace job I did.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tidy job, but telly could be bigger
I'm sure it will be upgraded with time. They have just bought the house though and so used the one they already had .Think it was a 42". Personally, I don't think you should much more than 42" anyway and not everything is HD and non-HD content on larger screens just looks shocking. Pixelated to shiz.

Sorry for asking noob questions here, but I dont know owt about brickwork. After youd ripped the fire and surround out your left with a decent sized hole,,have you filled that totally or is there an air gap behind the new brickwork? If so do you tie the new bricks into the old with them metal ties or just build them in the hole stand alone sort of thing? Hope my question makes sense, difficult to put into words for gobsh*te like me lol

There is a gap behind with an air brick fitted to the outside of chimney to create air flow to stop damp occurring. And yes the Infill bricks (well, blocks actually) are tied to existing using some drill in ties. Not the figure 8 wire ties as this would mean raking out the mortar on existing.

Sent from my Desire Z

Latest posts