Fluorescent to LED light permanently on:[

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derek-1

Reaction score
Hi Guys the fluorescent tube was making noises so I was advised by Sylvania lighting to replace the tube with an LED.

I replaced the entire fitting, not just changing the tube to LED.

Once I wired it with a straight swap the LED light stays on permanently [I cannot even switch it off]:

The switch is double plate and powers an existing fluorescent tube as well as the new LED light.

I think it is the switch that needs to be replaced but unsure what with?

Please advise thanking you in advance Derek

When wired it is just "on" and I cannot detect any change is brightness as it is a new LED light.

I just thought that it would be a simple fluorescent to LED swap and everything would be ok but apparently not:]

So there is one cable with black, red and a green/yellow.

The light is on an kitchen extension and I can see that the wiring red black and earth are attached to a big connector block and then the red black and earth wiring is connected from that into the light.

Tomorrow I will see if I take an actual photo of what I can see of the wiring and post on this forum.

1 red 1 black and 1 earth wire into connector block and then 1 red 1 black and 1 earth wire into light.

Thanks guys for helping me out:] I really appreciate it.

We all know what this is going to be dont we? the old take down a fitting and not making a note of what cabled were doing what or taking a picture that might have help answer his/her question

Latest posts