Fuel Card Warning

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be aware.

Earlier this year, we were offered fuel cards from a company called "fast fuel" - I understand a lot of small companies were targeted to receive them.

Last week, due to a late payment, their direct debit didn`t go on the date it was supposed to - however it did go 2 days later.

Not only did they stop the cards for a week - but they`ve added a £ 75 charge for the direct debit not going on the 1st presentation.

Just come off the `phone with them - I wasn`t happy before, as they regularly gave me a price per litre which was higher (just) than the local Tesco. ( they did always alter this, when challenged).

So we`ve just told them to Foxtrot Oscar with  regard to their cards. Even the (rip-off) bankers don`t charge THAT much, FFS  :red card   X(

a lesson in reading the small print perhaps. Been meaning to get a Morrisons fuel card, at least you know who your dealing with???

Last edited by a moderator:
a few years ago it was well worth having fuel cards, especially if you used a lot of fuel. then the fuel card prices started getting higher than buying it at the time you fill up, so never used them since

Yeah, before i was issued with a company fuel card i used a credit card with reward points, worked out pretty good when i was spending upto £300 a week on juice

Latest posts