Full Rewire On Ebay £1200 For 3 Bed House.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pewter

Conspiracy Theorist™
Reaction score
I was talking to another contractor today....

We reckoned that the materials have probably more than doubled in price over the last 5 years or so.... I remember materials costing ITRO £500 for a rewire whereas it's got to be £1000 now

Unbelievable. That's 53 "points" according to his specification. I normally reckon 1 hour per point (perhaps I'm slow?) so 53 hours. So to do it in a day that's 5 blokes and a long day.

Using the cheapest of everything I'll bet you can get the materials for £500 so that gives him £700 for his 53 hours or £13 per hour.

he doesnt say anything about distance, so maybe someone from as far north as possible should bid? on the plus side, at least he wont have to notify it
I've quoted £2600 labour plus parts for a rewire. If I get the job I might be looking for a subcontractor.............

He won't even have to chase and plaster as it's a total refurb of a timber frame house following a flood, so all ripped bare and dried out and all dry lined after first fix. So i should be able to get him to do that for £1000?

Last edited by a moderator:
I quoted the builder for an empty , basic electrics, 3 bed , bath, kitchen/diner & lounge last week @ £3400.00    inc VAT .

I know we won't get it (  Am I bovvered?)     

Wouldn't even entertain the idea of completion in one day .

There were 15 sockets , just the  chasing  in , @ 1/2 hr ea  is a day  .