Glow-in-the-dark LEDs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would you have to do that at every light switch on the circuit or just 1?

Depends on exactly what was causing it and exactly what voltage was where. To be sure you'd just do it at all of them, but you could probably test/check and get away with one, maybe.

I think deke meant the neutral to l2. Feed live to l1 and switch live to common. 

Leave the earth out of it.  
You are right  and Rob too,   yes its the neutral  not the earth .   As Rob says , you'd be PME'ing the neutral  again .     For some reason the term  .." earth the switchwire "   was in my head . 

Stupid really as I was thinking nearly all my new work has the looping done at the switches so the neutral would be avaliable.

Sorry for the misleading advice .

Just fitted Varilight V-Pro dimmers and dimmable LEDs in 3 rooms. When off one LED in each circuit glows.

The fix for this is a capacitor across the load - I used an Elkay PFCC, 4uF, so a Danlers Capload would probably work too.

The Varilight recommended fix is a Glowfix load regulator, but at £18 it's a bit steep.

cheers, Paul

Hello Folks

I fitted the Danlers snubbers https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DNCAPLOAD.html across the loads/lamps in both my two-way circuits according to clear instructions. Problem solved - these lamps no longer glow. However the nearby one-way in the bathroom still glows in the middle of the night. Problem only partly solved.

These little beauties cost about £10.00 each with postage so I reckon my bathroom light will just have to keep glowing.

In Rob's original post he suggested the snubber should be fitted across one of the switches in the two-way circuit. Maybe that would work but I'm happy with things as they are so I'll stop here.

Thanks for all your help, folks.

All the best

Bill

Just fitted Varilight V-Pro dimmers and dimmable LEDs in 3 rooms. When off one LED in each circuit glows.

The fix for this is a capacitor across the load - I used an Elkay PFCC, 4uF
Update: The Elkay fixes the glowing LED but causes flashing when the dimmers are run up to maximum brightness. I've now fitted Varilight Glowfixes and everything is working as it should.

cheers, Paul

Last edited by a moderator: