GN3 - 18th Ed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for EICR's - I've just been asked to review one for a Landlord - the spark has given ALL the downlights a C2 but no reg number - so we are guessing what the problems are!!

Probably because they are matt-chrome and not white to match the ceiling colour.....?       :C

Bit like mixing decorative-flush-fitting-screw-less-accessories..

with surface-mounted-white-accessories in the same room, with wood-chip wall paper..!!!

That's a C2 isn't it?

:slap

:coat

so if this happened how would you use C3 and C4?

Just curious

I do have this situation, I have a custom tempate thats got addtional 'no code' items, one of which is the non-conformaty with BS7671 not having an effect on safety and where imrovment is not specifically recommended. Strictly speaking such issues dont have to be reorted (so it follows they cant be coded) but noting them as no code proves you have seen and assessed them. I'd use it for plastic combustible consumer unit not on the escape route, if you say C3 then you are recommending its replaced, many cases such a recommendation  could not be justified, but should you make no reference to it bearing in mind there s a specific field on section of inspections for it, it clearly cant be ticked and its not NA or lim so you need to point to something expaining the situation.

So yes we do need C3 and C4 IMHO

I do have this situation, I have a custom tempate thats got addtional 'no code' items, one of which is the non-conformaty with BS7671 not having an effect on safety and where imrovment is not specifically recommended. Strictly speaking such issues dont have to be reorted (so it follows they cant be coded) but noting them as no code proves you have seen and assessed them. I'd use it for plastic combustible consumer unit not on the escape route, if you say C3 then you are recommending its replaced, many cases such a recommendation  could not be justified, but should you make no reference to it bearing in mind there s a specific field on section of inspections for it, it clearly cant be ticked and its not NA or lim so you need to point to something expaining the situation.

Now this is my sort of approach, just because you cant code something doesn't mean that you can't acknowledge it. Better to acknowledge than to be accused of being a less than competent spark by other less competent spark?

I do have this situation, I have a custom template that's got additional 'no code' items, one of which is the non-conformity with BS7671 not having an effect on safety and where improvement is not specifically recommended. Strictly speaking such issues don't have to be reported (so it follows they cant be coded) but noting them as no code proves you have seen and assessed them. I'd use it for plastic combustible consumer unit not on the escape route, if you say C3 then you are recommending its replaced, many cases such a recommendation  could not be justified, but should you make no reference to it bearing in mind there s a specific field on section of inspections for it, it clearly cant be ticked and its not NA or lim so you need to point to something explaining the situation.

I regularly use the comments section - often to note the location of "out of the way" isolators etc, and in most cases the expiry date of smoke alarms

Latest posts