GOV.UK advice on Rented properties for smoke alarms.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last year the home office issued a paper "A guide to making your small paying- guest- accommodation safe from fire" ( I assume for small properties not small guests :unsure:) which does state that a D1/ LD1 system is required. This could be what aico are referring to??

Company I used to work for used to buy in a product made in Scotland, they changed to making it in China, believe it or not, it was slightly better. I don't believe where something is made has anything to do with it, what does matter is what specs you have it made to.

Company I used to work for used to buy in a product made in Scotland, they changed to making it in China, believe it or not, it was slightly better. I don't believe where something is made has anything to do with it, what does matter is what specs you have it made to.
What does really matter is the level of quality checks and whether they are batch or individually checked especially when you might only get one chance with a fire detector

To a certain extent I would agree with that, but, it's the quality control that matters most, and China has a habit of cutting corners.