growatt system battery charging

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Figrol

Reaction score
Dead easy.

Into the shine app, down to settings

View attachment 14107
tick the box to say youve read the dire warnings.

You will get a screen like this:-

View attachment 14106

Set AC charge to ON
Set the rate to 100% if your supply is OK
Set the Charge stop to 100% or 90% to preserve battery life
Put in the times of your Octopus GO (Mine is 00:30 to 04:30) - NOTE some of the digits are outside the windows.
Set the tab at the side of the schedule to ON
Save the settings, the 'key' (password) that it wants is the date in US format YYYYMMDD today is 20220924 it should confirm saved and thats it.
Hi John, I've followed your instructions as shown, put in the password as described at the end. When I go out and come back to check, I see that the radio button 'Power Harvester' is selected (in blue), although the off-peak information I put in is still there. My questions are:

1. Does it always default back to Power Harvester even if you had selected Battery First?
2. Should Power Harvester be set to 'Meter', as I think I saw somewhere yours was set to, or should it be set to 'Wired CT' which mine is?

Thanks for your valued information.
Sean.

Hi John, I've followed your instructions as shown, put in the password as described at the end. When I go out and come back to check, I see that the radio button 'Power Harvester' is selected (in blue), although the off-peak information I put in is still there. My questions are:

1. Does it always default back to Power Harvester even if you had selected Battery First?
2. Should Power Harvester be set to 'Meter', as I think I saw somewhere yours was set to, or should it be set to 'Wired CT' which mine is?

Thanks for your valued information.
Sean.
Mine is set to 'Meter'