Has Snow Stopped Anyone Getting To Work

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered if snow has stopped anyone from working today. Loads of schools closed round my way but my kids is open :( .

Got the sledge out ready as van stuck down bottom of hill and not risking smashing it up.

Cafe for a full English then sledging sounds good :)

No daytime tv for me thanks. Rather spend day in bed!

Besides have to dig me way out to the main road for any hope of getting mobile this week! Just hope the council do their part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Off on the sick at the moment unfortunately, but there's not much snow here at the moment and my daily is a 4x4 so wouldn't be hindered. I'm on the coast so inland a bit could be a different story.

Andy ...are you a sparky or a trucker ?
bit of both... well, with a van at least. has its advantages, get to go all over the country

P1214997_zps6f9685fd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
electrical control panel.

now waiting for another driver to bring a sign down to me (he's going to birmingham) then ive got to put that up tomorrow night right in the centre of london

Worst day for us (Southampton) was Friday, everyone else who came in went back home but I was given a 4x4 to do emergency work so got stuck working all day. Todays been fine.

Is anyone really snowed in?

I've been to many ski resorts and yes they are more prepared, but people there just seem to get on with it.  Taxis are usually a vw transporter, front wheel drive with winter tyres, no snow chains.  They get about no problem.  Most roads in the villages aren't gritted or cleared.

I was in Austria last year and we had 2-3 meters in 4 days!  Didn't phase the locals at all, most people clear their own garden path and throw some grit down on the pavement near their house.  The only thing that was closed were the higher lifts due to risk of avalanche.

It's rather pathetic that there's a bit of snow and the whole country comes to a stand still we had the worst of the snow last night went to work this morning utter carnage people trying to drive up hills that were not snow ploughed or gritted getting stuck none of the local buses even bothered to run. And to p*s* me off even more our communal drive was not cleared by one of the neighbours even though they had all skipped work to sit on there ar*es watching tele got in at 6 tonight not 1 of there cars had moved. Spent just over a hour clearing snow and gritting communal drive. 5 minutes later 3 of them all decide to get in there car and go out. And not a f*ck**g thank u off any of them. Rant over

School were closed in Blackpool today, most of them as usual having work done, full of contractors vans all at work.  Its very strange that these guys can make their long commutes in but teachers can't?  Now which of the 2 get paid for the day off?

Latest posts