Help needed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
I'm after a favour off as many of you as will help me please.some of you know that in a previous life I was a dog handler, last year a police dog was badly hurt defending his handler from a criminal with a knife he ended up nearly dying, under current law FINN is  classed as a tool,and his attacker was charged with criminal damage.there's a campaign to get the law changed,see Finn for change on twitter. We got together and got something done about the socket covers. Please can we get behind this one and get the law changed,these dogs are living creatures not tools, it's not about money it just needs everyone to contact their mp and push for this, Come on guys I'm not asking for me,just for my furry friends who risk their lives to protect people 

It is amazing isn't it , the dog handler can be charged with assault with a deadly weapon , I wonder how many definitions they actually have to stack up in favour of the criminals. 

We're having a tweetstorm on the 4th,between 8pm and 10 pm, everybody tweet your mp and mention Finns Law, come on guys let's get behind this one.Please 

Hi guys, sorry for not coming back quicker I've been busy at work. A tweetstorm is when a lot of people send a tweet via twitter at the same time, it usually gets noticed, it doesn't have to be a tweet though, a short email will do. Basically we want everyone to contact as many high profile people as we can and then we can get the law changed. At the moment attacking a police dog is only classed as criminal damage, same applies to police horses, we want it changed as an animal has feelings the same as you of I .we have the backing of a lot of people including a great many police officers, but we need the mp's to take action. A police dog lives with it's handler and when not working is a family pet the same as your pets, how would you feel if someone attacked your dog ? beat it, stabbed it, etc then you found out they were only being charged with criminal damage. have a look at the link below and I think you'll agree we need to change the law. many thanks Phil.

https://finnsstoryblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/the-finns-law-campaign-needs-you/

Finn after the attack

finn.jpg