HELP - poo coming out of rainwater drain

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
notify insurance? come on, we all know plumbers are failed sparks, so if they can sort it, then im sure you can
I have every confidence I could fix it and in my last property I did but then when it broke again I discovered from the plumber, that it was usually covered on home insurance. In that particular case, B Gas had used an underground thruster and disturbed my drains and they had to pay.

I have every confidence I could fix it and in my last property I did but then when it broke again I discovered from the plumber, that it was usually covered on home insurance. In that particular case, B Gas had used an underground thruster and disturbed my drains and they had to pay.
A plumber wouldn't do this. They only deal with water going to the toilet. The pipes coming from the toilet would be sewer guys.

We don't have any surface rainwater drains at all...

Just the soil waste drains into man hole then down drive to road.

The surface rainwater just goes to soak-aways front and rear..

We had a blockage a few years back on our waste pipe.. this was at an underground  "U" bend at the bottom of the drive before our pipe joined the main street sewer.

Above this bend was a vertical pipe up to ground level to an access cover at the bottom of the drive.

We got  local drain company "Drain Doctor" to come and clear it...

He had a higher pressure semi ridged hose he could push down right to the point of the blockage.

Are you sure you don't have a surface drain that has been connected to the waste water manhole as it was the nearest access?

:C

We don't have any surface rainwater drains at all...

Just the soil waste drains into man hole then down drive to road.

The surface rainwater just goes to soak-aways front and rear..

We had a blockage a few years back on our waste pipe.. this was at an underground  "U" bend at the bottom of the drive before our pipe joined the main street sewer.

Above this bend was a vertical pipe up to ground level to an access cover at the bottom of the drive.

We got  local drain company "Drain Doctor" to come and clear it...

He had a higher pressure semi ridged hose he could push down right to the point of the blockage.

Are you sure you don't have a surface drain that has been connected to the waste water manhole as it was the nearest access?

:C
I have only been here 3 months when the toilet is flushed it appears to shift the waste quickly down the waste pipe and there is no sign of any disturbance in the offending gully

we had  a blockage a few years ago, turned out to be  the handle off a childs plastic wheel barrow had somehow got into the drain, then 'caught' lots of stuff and eventually blocked. Being an old house there was a rodding point at the bottom of our garden with a sort of bottle trap just before it meets the main sewer (which previous owners had covered over - prats!). Called house insurance company, they has a team of guys out, who dug all down the garden by hand, replaced all darin pipes, cleared blockage, replaced bottle trap and made good. Took them 3 days and only cost us the policy excess on the claim. I would phone insurance company.

we had  a blockage a few years ago, turned out to be  the handle off a childs plastic wheel barrow had somehow got into the drain, then 'caught' lots of stuff and eventually blocked. Being an old house there was a rodding point at the bottom of our garden with a sort of bottle trap just before it meets the main sewer (which previous owners had covered over - prats!). Called house insurance company, they has a team of guys out, who dug all down the garden by hand, replaced all darin pipes, cleared blockage, replaced bottle trap and made good. Took them 3 days and only cost us the policy excess on the claim. I would phone insurance company.
I phoned them on monday, Drain Advisory Services are coming next weds to assess the job. So 9 days of poo in the back garden before it even gets looked at.

In the end I phoned the emergency number for the water board. They said that there was nothing of theirs on site but would send someone out to look at the manhole in the road. 2 hours later 2 guys arrived and before I knew it they had the manhole at the front (the one I assumed was just for rainwater) open and had the camera in. 9.5 metres away was a blockage. Jetwash came out and cleared it all the way back to the rainwater gully. Phoned insurance and told them not to bother. 

So heres what happened (for those of you who are interested) Sewer was already blocked and had been for some time before I moved in. House is old so both foul water and rain water empty into the same pipe. Most of the rainwater gullies were blocked due to neglect. When I unblocked the one nearest the soil pipe, I provided an open vent for the waste to go hence the filling up of the gully. 

All  cleared up and a smile on my face now :)