Help required. Is this IP 36exp OR IP 24exp?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comment only probably as the FI = unsatisfactory and I'm not convinced that the enclosure is unsafe BUT I do wonder how the connections have been made inside the case :)
5 amp conector strip. They had even run the Earth wire to it! Fair enough it was cut off BUT connected at the original JB
Best I could come up with was 'materials not ft for purpose'. As said before better than nowt

5 amp conector strip. They had even run the Earth wire to it! Fair enough it was cut off BUT connected at the original JB
Best I could come up with was 'materials not ft for purpose'. As said before better than nowt
Electrical enclosures are supposed to be fire resistant, although wago boxes and some other maintenance free enclosures don't strike me as being so.

Not sure I agree with this. The vast majority of downlights would be non compliant if this was the case.
Not sure I do either 😂.

I was thinking about JBs and pattress boces, which are modern form of bakelite. But then we have lots of adaptable boxes which appear to be soft PVC, but that doesn't mean they don't have fire retardant in their chemistry.

Got to credit them for inventiveness like clay flower pots for hoods over down lights.