Hey people

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds exactly the same though. Maybe it's just coincidence but to relate it sounds like the drone from a television set like a dog whistle type blow but constantly. It's very odd and I feel silly for not being able to figure it out. There is a power plant local to us so I'm just going to guess it could be from that...

Coincidently as it may seem I stumbled across a document suggesting it could be linked to voice to skull technology as it requires the same attributes of 22 db and 70 frequency, but that makes me feel sillier even more. So hey guys strange introduction and all, I can't figure this one out.

its the russians

any of these popped up nearby?

5a702bef59273_1920px-DUGA_Radar_Array_near_Chernobyl_Ukraine_2014.jpg.9bf164275081fe2bdac708729043d951.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
22db might be the lowest noise level registered on your meter, it is very quiet. Have you managed to find a place where you can't hear the noise but the meter registers lower than 22db? 

Same with the spectrograph. You need to be sure of what you are measuring.

I foresee a journey in the near future. ;)

Just measured the ambient noise in my living room with an app, it reads 24db equivalent to leaves rustling or a clock ticking.

Just testing.

:)
Same here this morning on the db meter on a multimeter in a quiet room , no clocks no tvs' or the like on standby. Only the perceivable sound of my own breathing . Mind I had a lot of years around heavy plant and have tinnitus ,  I suspect our friend may have it too.  

Blue duck that's exactly what I see, if it was tinnitus in a silent room with no external input why would it read that? I suspected tinnitus until I used the sound meter, just sparked my curiosity and thought it best an informed crowd.

I used to hear this in my previous house. I was convinced it was the diesel pump housed in a brick shed a mile away to drive the irrigation pump for a farm, until I walked over only to find the pump was not running.

That's when I concluded it was "the hum"

Blue duck that's exactly what I see, if it was tinnitus in a silent room with no external input why would it read that? I suspected tinnitus until I used the sound meter, just sparked my curiosity and thought it best an informed crowd.
Do you hear it just in the house , or have you noticed it elsewhere too. 

Tinitus does not sound the same all the time .

In my case it sounds very similar to the changing frequencies in the medical examination.  Sometimes  it is barely noticeable, others it gets your full attention. 

Latest posts