Hitachi SDS any good? Only

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks a cracker and for a 3 function very good.... may find it a bit heavy up a ladder !

I took a look at one in the shop, everything looked ok apart from the sds head were you put the drill in, it was a bit naff. Also the battery is held in place by a strange rubber strap which hooks onto a peg through a hole, that seemed a bit naff as well. Take a look yourself, they wont mind.

At 199 quid you can't really find faults as thats a damn good price. Suppose its cheap as its still using Ni Mh batteries.

It does seem a bit good to be true. I didn't notice the rubber strap thing so I might go in and have a look at it.

It's the 3 function with 2 bats that's getting me.

Not sure about that drill but just purchased a 4 1/2 inch Hitachi grinder from sf had it a few months went to use it today for the first time and the damn thing doesn't work not a flicker now there stuff is made in china these days where as it used to be made in Japan. Personally I won't be buying anymore of ther stuff.

Now I'm thinking that I might just save up for a couple of months more and buy bosch/hilti.

As the saying goes buy cheap buy twice.

ive just got a hitachi sds battery drill off the internet ebay shop but a different one to the screwfix one. I got it for

That looks a bit better Nicky.

Stopped by SF today and had a look at it. Feels a bit on the cheap side, which it is. I just get the feeling in 6 months I would wish I spent a bit more and got the proper one.

Not sure about that drill but just purchased a 4 1/2 inch Hitachi grinder from sf had it a few months went to use it today for the first time and the damn thing doesn't work not a flicker now there stuff is made in china these days where as it used to be made in Japan. Personally I won't be buying anymore of ther stuff.
I had the same problem with my hitachi drill headbang

Still it looks pretty maybe I could use it as a door stop ROTFWL

SF will sort that for you. Ring them up. They replaced a cheapo drill 15 months old for me that came with a 12 month warranty.

There's a new screwfix catalogue coming out in a couple of weeks might be worth hanging on to see what they put in the new sale/offer section.

SF will sort that for you. Ring them up. They replaced a cheapo drill 15 months old for me that came with a 12 month warranty.
I will the annoying thing is its never been used, don't these manfacturers even bother testing them at all these days.

Latest posts