How much? Eddi solar diverter

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creakyride

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am having a PV system installed in the near feature and I asked the installer to quote me for an Eddi diverter. The kit include the Eddi Harvi and Hub, at the cost of £769.

Am I paying too much for these?

Thanks @johnb2713
I thought that it was expensive and that I am possibly paying VAT on it. I checked the retail prices on midsummerwholesale website, including VAT comes cheaper than quoted. Plus the installer get their trade prices...

Yes, the Eddi seems a better product than the iBoost+ which I had previously considered. The latter have quite a few negative reviews, hence trying to replace it with the Eddi

I have just looked on Myenergi website and checked their prices...
I also found out that I wouldn't need the Hub as the Eddi includes WIFI if shipped from 8th August.

Am I mistaken?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-14-22-49-17-971_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-14-22-49-17-971_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 0
£276 for installation seems wrong to me.
But the quote included EDDI and HUB so it was £276 for installation. Consider further you need a CT installed in your meter tails that needs to get it's information back to EDDI, so wiring to run (I dont know the layout of your house so that may or may not be significant).

So if you think the quote isnt competitive, go elsewhere, to me with the HUB, HARVI and EDDI it seemed reasonable.

Hello everyone,
I am having a PV system installed in the near feature and I asked the installer to quote me for an Eddi diverter. The kit include the Eddi Harvi and Hub, at the cost of £769.

Am I paying too much for these?
You won’t need a hub the new Eddi has it built in,

Out of interest - will new EDDI allow to monitor old ZAPPI (ver1) without HUB?

I have Zappi 1 and was planning to buy EDDI + HUB to monitor all. Since you mentioned that new EDDI contains hub now will that also work with older ZAPPI?

But the quote included EDDI and HUB so it was £276 for installation. Consider further you need a CT installed in your meter tails that needs to get it's information back to EDDI, so wiring to run (I dont know the layout of your house so that may or may not be significant).

So if you think the quote isnt competitive, go elsewhere, to me with the HUB, HARVI and EDDI it seemed reasonable.
That makes some sense regarding the cable run for the CT monitor, but I have to discuss with the installer that there is no need for a hub with the new Eddi and to make sure that he is not charging me VAT, as it will be installed with the solar PV system.

I rather have everything installed by the same PV installer if the price is right.

Got in touch with the installer and sorted out everything, including the exclusion of the hub and after I realized I had made a cockup on my calculations I am happy to report that the price is much lower than first calculated. 😅. This is what happens when altering a quote by adding and swapping tings.

I only need to figure out how to configure the Eddi with my existing Easee One charger, when the time comes. I am sure the installer will guide me through after the installation of the Solar PV.

Great that the new Eddi does not require the hub, more money to me.

You can’t integrate the Easee one with the Eddi, I have a Easee one fitted and it is not solar compatible, so I installed a zappi. I contacted Easee and they may have a Solar system later this year but they don’t know when it will be available in the uk

Yes i have been told the same.
The guy also said that the solar panels can charge through the Easee One but only in manual mode, basically only when there is a nice bright day. I had my charger fitted by Motability. I hope the manufacturer comes up with some add-on or software update for it.

Yes i have been told the same.
The guy also said that the solar panels can charge through the Easee One but only in manual mode, basically only when there is a nice bright day. I had my charger fitted by Motability. I hope the manufacturer comes up with some add-on or software update for it.
ZAPPI works by looking at the export, when the export reached 1.4 kW or more it then sends data to the EV to charge at whatever rate is available i.e. the export amount. As the solar PV and house load changes, so does the ZAPPI data to the EV. It does go up and down like a yoyo, switch the kettle on, charging stops for a few seconds etc. I changed my priorities around in the APP to set the car as number 1, immersion as 2 on the basis that the immersion can use 0 to 3kW whereas the car can only start at 1.4kW it all works really well. Typical day the immersion will be getting power until mid morning, then it switches over to the car. The car is usually full by lunchtime and then it's back to the immersion heater.

Latest posts