"Spare energy use"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leighton

Reaction score
You have to be careful with Agile, as it's suggests, it jumps around all over the place price wise and you can end up buying some very expensive electricity if you're not on the ball. I was on GO, I'm now on Intelligent and run my system so the worst case scenario is my house is run 7.5p kWh or less. I don't use any peak rate at 40p kWh. I think GO is currently 9.5p kWh and whilst you should have an EV to go on it, they don't check, anyway you've got one ordered ;). GO doesn't pay much for export 4.2p but if you don't do much it doesn't matter.
You say you have an energy diverter, I have MyEnergi EDDI, it works well and you can gain more energy storage by turning the immersion heater thermostat up. I run mine at 85 deg C and have fitted a mixing valve on the outlet to drop the temp to 60 deg C to the house.
Sorry to highjack thread...

Do you have the tank running at 85 constantly with a the mixer set accordingly to bring down water temperature? If so, how do you prevent the water from running cold when the Eddi isn't heating?

Split from hijacked post

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to highjack thread...

Do you have the tank running at 85 constantly with a the mixer set accordingly to bring down water temperature? If so, how do you prevent the water from running cold when the Eddi isn't heating?
Our usage pattern is such that the tank lasts us all day. If the solar is performing well and batteries are charged then tank gets heated, or we can manually boost it although the only time weve done that was Christmas day.

Our usage pattern is such that the tank lasts us all day. If the solar is performing well and batteries are charged then tank gets heated, or we can manually boost it although the only time weve done that was Christmas day.
So you're only using electricity to heat your hot water? Coming either from solar or cheap rate from the grid?

Latest posts