How To Charge For Used Electricity And Production

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx guys!

Can I calculate tenat usage without installing third meter. Based on my three readings from two meters? What they could of used if I didn't have pv system on property?

Or its not possible? Its already too many meters on the corner of the house. Property in Carribian island. I try to uload pic. System works good on 10 Panasonic panels and Fronius inv, system 3kw managed to make 17kw per day on average. But yanks managed used all and 12 extra per day on aircon. So loosing tons of money and kw

This meter could go inside.........next to the consumer unit / fuse box?

You can`t calculate "what they would have used" - you have to know what they HAVE used, in order to go further with it...........

Kme thanks bud!

we have meter or consumer meter, which is seats before solar system. You saying I need other meter next to fuse box? But it will do the same thing as one we have already have. :) I have two meters currently give us three readings one is usage/consumption together with reading of amout is exported. And second meter with reading on total amount solar system produced.

The only problem with reading on usage/ consumer unit it slows down or stops when system is running. Thats why I canot base charges to tenants on this meter for electricity they use. It could happen the same thing to the metet you talking about if installed next to switch board?

Kme I have sent you email message with pictures link attached for the meters.

Couldn't upload here as files more that 500kb

If you know how many units you generate and how many you export then any difference is "generated used"....it Has to go somewhere ;)

So the total used is

Total bought + (total generated - total exported)

Wow !!! Top man...

thanx Noz thats make sense. Thats easy to explain to visitors if they question this.

Respect V

for domestic they can't be bothered to fit export meters unless they need to change it anyway. Think they are working on the basis that they will be fitting smart meters soon(ish) with this capacity built in

"Total bought + (total generated - total exported)"

Noz you ment to say Total used :)

+ (total generated - total exported)

+ (total generated - total exported)

Sorry repeated

Ok steptoe! Could you advice on meter I can use next to fusebox?

Or I can use Noz formula I guess :) as per above.

Thanx Noz.

So total amount on usage meter +(total generated minus total exported).

This will give me approximately how much tenants use if I didn't have pv?

Think of it this way,,,

Your main meter shows the total bought from your supplier and the total number of units you export onto the grid, and then you have a generation meter.

If you exported everything your PV generated then you generation meter and export meter will show the same, whatever you use of your PV still shows as being generated but it isn't exported.

So like I said..

The total used units = Total bought + (Total generated - Total exported)

If your metres show these readings then you only need to do the calculation, if they don't then you need a meter adjacent to your consumer unit

Fantastic sorted!!! Thank you Noz and everyone for the input. I will instruct management company to use this calculations. If tenants go above allowance :)

Noz I have sent you a link with pictures of the meters.

Latest posts