How to repair 11kV Tracking

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

castlehill

Reaction score
Here's a 11kV Installation I inspected a few years back after an identical one blew up. I wonder why. This was live when I arrived.

TR3 HV Fuse.jpg

Here's a 11kV Installation I inspected a few years back after an identical one blew up. I wonder why. This was live when I arrived.
the insulator and bolt is in tact why would anyone undo it and then bodge it!!!!

the insulator and bolt is in tact why would anyone undo it and then bodge it!!!!
What you don't see in the photo is that on the other side the orange discolouration is real bad allowing the voltage to track across the insulator to the panel metalwork. The fuse then blew, look real close at the fuse and you can see a thin wire bypassing the fuse alltogether.

It's Russian workmanship at it's finest in an ex russian state. I have loads more pics like that, found the same type of crap in 15 different locations. Caused mayhem when I shut them all down.

Here is their main earth rod, wonder what the Zs is here.

Oh and the 2nd pic I assume the same guy did the maintenance of this too.

TR64 earthing.jpg

Heli like dads.jpg

It's Russian workmanship at it's finest in an ex russian state. I have loads more pics like that, found the same type of crap in 15 different locations. Caused mayhem when I shut them all down.Here is their main earth rod, wonder what the Zs is here.

Oh and the 2nd pic I assume the same guy did the maintenance of this too.
You found their secret weapon.

If they where invaded again they would just switch on the power, electrify the ground and kill the invaders:p:p:p