Humidistat Extractor Fans

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered how you guys set up levels for humidistat extractor fans. I don't own a humidity meter so have been hit n miss.

Fitted a vent axia extractor in a wet room last week and been called back already as it hasent stopped running 24 hours constant for 2 days. Went round and adjusted it yesterday but wondered if you guys had any better ideas

Cheers

Well if its a wet room with water everywhere I think the fan will run constantly.

I've had fans that run when it rains outside on a site we maintain for older people, turning the stat down helped but did not cure.

Humidity fans will run and run until the set level has been acheived, it is common when first fitted for them to run for 24 hours or more dependant on the humidity in the room. Bathrooms have their own problem, condensation and humidity levels increase with temp and humidity can rise to 100% at the ceiling and probably around 75% at the floor. With standard fans it can take up to 4 hours for these levels to fall to the ideal of about 50%.