I know my place !

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you’ll find education is a thing of the past for many modern schools, too much time is spent on PC issues and the antisocial students for real students to get much of a look in. Oh and don’t forget the point playing for their league table position. So sorry no time for proper education. 

The decline is both a ministerial and social problem, we as humans need to actually stop looking at ourselves in terms of what we do and don’t have and actually get back to a few basics. 

you've been reading te Daily Mail too much! Schools don't spend all their time on PC issues, far from it. They do fight for league table position which means they have to educate kids to pass exams at the expense of subjects like drama, sport, woodwork etc etc. However, does that turn out well rounded, emotionaly stable citizens? I my opinion it does not. The 3 R's are imporatant, but so are life skills. I find it interesting how many countires don't start formal education until about 8 years old ie when childrens minds are ready for it, where as we are OFSTEDing pre-school nurserys

Sorry Binks don’t read newspapers, all based on experience with dealing with several schools within the same council area, so maybe it’s a council lead thing? Either way the needs of children are overlooked unless they fall into the mid ground catergory of neither here nor there types. 

I do agree that the education system is all too cock in this country. Let them be kids before we manipulate and brain wash them. 

Just off to slight tangent here ...... I believe that if parent's holidays  clash with schooltime , they should be able to take their child out of school  without being fined , punished .         ( Unless it clashed with an important exam say)  

Otherwise ,  sorry but the school is a secondary player in the child's life ...the parents come first .

Interesting, but consider the amount of time a child spend per day with the school as opposed to awake time with its parents then there’s an argument that the school should have a stronger argument? 

Still if children were allowed out for holidays all year round when would us old gits get some quiet time at beach??? 

I work in several schools and was once a school governor, from waht I've seen if a school is paying attention to a particular type of pupil it's usually because there's money attached (call me cynical  :pmsl1:   ) . They have do government agendas on race equality etc etc to follow which definetly occupy far too much time. 

Totally agree about letting kids be kids, some will spend a life kicking footballs, some will go to Oxford, but forced learning doesn't achieve much in my opinion othe than to put kids off. They need to learn the basics maths reading and english, beyond that there isn't anything like enough flexibility in the school system.

Latest posts