I wish I had a Fein!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re my other thread "I've got wood...."

If you look at the pics you can see that the cables enter from the side... this is a landing switch so it has a strapper to the d/s switch and switch drop to ceiling.

Now that I come to rewire it the cables are in split steel conduit to the right of the switch so I had to wither move my switch over or make a new chase all the way from floor to ceiling. I decided to move the switch and spent the next half hour or so cutting the conduit out with a hacksaw blade:_| :_| :_|

It's difficult to say really which I prefer...

With gypsum/mortar it's hard to chase:_|, but the adjacent stuff stays on the wall when you're chopping the patresses in

Lime is easy to chase, but you end up with half the wall on the floor!! Unless you pre cut the chase with a saw!! You still end you taking chunks off the wall when you chop in the boxes though:( :(

I have the bosch copy. Excellent

I use a grinder with a 115mm diamond blade.

A scutch and a sds chisel attachment to cut the box out.

I have the multi master 250 Q select. The 110v version & it paid for itslef in a week.

Damn good tool, even if the bits are pricey.

Got me out of a few spots on more thabn one occasion.

I see M107 uses one too.

I was in a house on Friday undergoing some serious renovation and extension work. Needed to get the bedroom floor up to make changes to the downstairs lights. Its the only room in the house that wasnt being trashed by the builder so I was loathed to make a mess in there - out comes the Bosch, straight down the floorbloards and only a little bit of dust next to each cut. Sometimes its worth it just to keep the customer happy.

I WISH the blades were cheaper and lasted longer :_| :_|
You can make some out of a jetcut saw.... all u need is a bit of patience and a pillar drill or a normal drill and a steady hand ..... measure the blade width u want on the saw, mark and cut with a grinder. Drill the hole where required and job's a goodun .... used loads and works a treat, blades lasted longer too , use different kind's or saw's till u find the blades that suit u , i find jetcut work's great with my fein .........

Any injury sustained by using this idea is of your own making .DONT BLAME ME

Tidysmart.

where can the blades for the bosch be purchased from? i havnt seen any for sale.