Idiot

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkyrj

Reaction score
Hi,

Just had an office worker where im working showing me a 60a cartridge fuse from his cutout at home that had blown while he was using the shower today, and asking if i had one.He said that luckily the seal was already broken on the cutout.I went with him to my van to look, but did not have one. After telling him where he could get one, he then says, its ok for now, ive put a bit of wire in it to get it going.

Oh my god, idiot.He knows hes done wrong, but does not care. What can you do. :eek:

Hi,Just had an office worker where im working showing me a 60a cartridge fuse from his cutout at home that had blown while he was using the shower today, and asking if i had one.He said that luckily the seal was already broken on the cutout.I went with him to my van to look, but did not have one. After telling him where he could get one, he then says, its ok for now, ive put a bit of wire in it to get it going.

Oh my god, idiot.He knows hes done wrong, but does not care. What can you do. :eek:
Report the idiot !!! :_|

....to DNO who with any luck will march round there and cut him off.

Yes I would report him if I new where he lives. At least by now he has safely put a new fuse in, but he has no idea why it blew in the first place, and then the idiot puts a bit of wire across it. Frightening!

Yes I would report him if I new where he lives. At least by now he has safely put a new fuse in, but he has no idea why it blew in the first place, and then the idiot puts a bit of wire across it. Frightening!
Probably a 10.5kw shower with everything else on.

;)

Yes he could not understand why the main fuse had blown and not the mcb in the dis board.I did make him realise what an idiot he was though, but i do have to be careful as i do want to keep the work there and you never know how high up he is in the company.

Yes he could not understand why the main fuse had blown and not the mcb in the dis board.I did make him realise what an idiot he was though, but i do have to be careful as i do want to keep the work there and you never know how high up he is in the company.
it was at that point you should have said you would go to his place to find out why it blew...

high up in the company he could be....just think of the follow on leads that you could have got ???

No to be honest i dont do much domestic, and people like him dont want to pay.Im to busy working there 5 1/2 days a week on daywork as well. there are about 580 staff there and i know the really important ones.